What is so great about teak wood furniture? Everyone knows teak wood has its own benefits, but cannot ignore our fair share of doubts while planning for something new like teak outdoor furniture.
One of the major things that will pop up at the heads of potential buyers, is that the furniture made from teak wood is quite expensive among all.
The reason is teak wood is renowned for elegance and durability. The quality is beyond the imagination, it also owns some natural properties that other woods don’t have.
What is Teak Wood?
Teak Wood is a close coarse-grained hardwood with silica content and high natural oil. It is one of the strongest, hardest & most durable of all timbers. It is highly resisting any rotting & impermeable to the effects of rain, frost, snow, or hot sun.
The merged characteristics make it an ideal timber for all the applications of outdoor and has been the choice of boat builders for centuries. Teak wood is now an elite wood of choice for designers of hotels, upscale homes, and corporate headquarters. Apart from its natural beauty, Teak is one of the most valuable of all woods.
How is it used?
Teak is utilized in all sorts of exterior and interior wood applications. It is renowned for its exterior applications because of how long-lasting it is. Some of the exterior applications include marine trim, marine decking, marine millwork, outdoor furniture, residential decking, and decking tiles.
Interior applications are of utmost varied and usually, are focused on showing the beauty of teak. Some applications of the interior include flooring, marine interiors, holly flooring, moldings, and custom millwork. In applications of the exterior with proper care, teak can last many years.
Pros Of Teak includes:
- Extremely Long-Lasting
- Great Stability
- Easy to work
- Beautiful appearance & coloring
- The standard for marine woods & outdoor.
- Naturally water-resistant & rot resistant
Here’s why teak outdoor furniture is a great choice
- Teak is weather resistant: A remarkable feature of the leak outdoor furniture is, it has the ability to resist all types of weather. It is one of the woods in the world accomodating a natural oil, which repulses the water, keeping it from cracking, wrapping, or becoming brittle. Outdoor furniture made from the teak will resist the strident effect of hard rains, severe snowstorms, broiling sun without its strength shrinking.
- Teak is low maintenance: Outdoor furniture made from the teak woods needs no varnish or paint. Along with the wood’s high content, oil teak will fade to a beautiful colored patina, it will not look patchy or black. Apply a natural teak sealer from the store if it is needed.
- Teak is beautiful & stays beautiful: When a new teak wood furniture has a honey brown color. Over time it will naturally age into graceful patina grey. Other wood can be rusted & worsen when in contact with the metal.
- Teak lasts a lifetime: Teak wood makes for very strong & long-lasting furniture. There are century-old teak park benches in a country from the deconstructed ship. Buying furniture made from teak wood means you will be able to gift the same furniture to your grandchildren.
- Teak is pest resistant: The similar oils & resins that protects against weather served as repellents against insects like marine borers & termites. Selecting the outdoor furniture made from the teak, you may have no need to worry about the pests.
So these were the reasons why teak outdoor furniture is a great choice and why you should not hesitate from getting outdoor teak furniture.
Overall teak outdoor furniture is a great choice for a variety of reasons. It’s true you have to take care of teak outdoor furniture care, but with so many pros to it, it’s never a bad investment. Have queries regarding your next teak wood furniture purchase? Drop them in the comments below! See you in our next article.
Read More:- How To Get Dry Erase Marker Out Of Clothes