Even with absurd plumbing, toilet clogs happen. Always recommend having a plunger on hand for an emergency. It is one of the fastest & easiest ways to abolish a toilet clog. It can be a frightening situation to find yourself with a clog & no plunger.
There are various alternative methods for clearing the fog without one are:
- Just Wait It Out: Sometimes, all you can do is just wait. This method needs nothing but patience & a second bathroom. The water in your toilet utilizes pressure on the clog in the drain as it attempts to leave. Always be prepared for long as overnight. Moreover, you should be ready to stop the flow of water, if you make an attempt to flush the toilet the next day & the presence of clog is still there.
- Plain Hot Water: All you required is hot water & a large bucket. Keep in mind that while the water should be hot, it shouldn’t be boiling. Surging boiling water into your toilet bowl can create it to crack, which can leave you in the worse situation. Filling up the toilet with the hot water. The heat is merged with the movement of the water, which should help to break & abolish the clog.
- Epsom Salt: If you are at the house of your family or friend, suddenly clog happens, you might want to let them know what happened immediately. In this scenario, you don’t have the time to wait for soap & hot water to work.
Have a look around to check if there is an Epsom salt. The salt creates an effervescent reaction when it is added to water & should break the things up to clear the clog. If you do not find Epsom salt, then a bath bomb can do the trick. If you do use a bath bomb, ensure to replace it later.
4. A Wire Hanger: If you do own a hire hanger in the closet to spare, you can able to fashion a makeshift toilet snake. Expand the hanger & straighten it out. If it has a rough edge, swaddle & hinder a rag around the end, you are going to use to unclog the toilet. Twig the wrapped end down the drain & prod the clog to loosen it. You may have to use the force, be careful not to use so much that it ends up causing damage.
5. A toilet brush: If you are not having wire hangers, you could sacrifice your toilet brush because they are affordable. Strengthen the brush into the drain, move it back & forth forcefully. Do not use too much force, surely you don’t want to damage your toilet.
You may want to get changed before you make an attempt to try this method. Ensure that you put on some rubber gloves & some goggles. Once you are done by applying this method, discard the toilet brush & invest in a new one.
6. Baking Soda & Vinegar: It is a great blend that does a whole lot more than by making a cool volcano. This mixture makes a remarkable cleaner for various types of surfaces. It can also help to abolish the clog. Firstly, surge about a cup of baking soda right into the toilet bowl.
Outspread it around so that it covers as much surface area as possible & let it sink. In the next step, add two cups of vinegar. Surge the vinegar slowly & in a circular motion so that it sprinkles more evenly around the toilet. When the vinegar begins to blend to mix the baking soda, fizzing will start to happen, which should start then to break the clog. Let the mixture be in for an hour before you attempt to flush. If the first attempt doesn’t work, use the same amount of vinegar & baking soda but let it work overnight.
7. Dish Soap: If just the plain old hot water isn’t cutting it, you can try it by using hot water along with an addition of dish soap. Dish soap is made to break down dirt, grease, & grime. Put about a cup or dish soap right into the toilet bowl. Add the water & let the mixture sit for a while.
In a few cases, it can take 30 minutes to work. It depends upon the clog, nevertheless, you may have to let it sit as long as overnight. Shampoo can be an ample substitute.
8. Drain Cleaners: Draining cleaning chemicals is not the most recommended method. The chemicals can be dangerous. They can damage your plumbing & chemical burns. If you are in a pinch, they could also work. You could use a blend of powdered dish soap & bleach. Use two cups of bleach to a cup of powdered detergent & wait for 30 minutes before you attempt to flush.
We hope that we’ve cleared all your queries quenched. It’s time to apply these remedies which will help you to get rid of this problem by taking safety measures to prevent any damage to your health. Use the below box to ask solutions. We’ll get back to you instantly. See you in our next article.